AMO-VISX pioneered the development of excimer laser systems and remains an industry leader in quality and innovation. Their VISX Star S4 IR system not only provides the best in safety, accuracy and comfort, but it is the system that doctors have trusted in over 10 million procedures worldwide. Moreover, AMO is dedicated to significant research and development directed at continuous improvement of their technology and processes. The ongoing research has resulted in meaningful improvement in clinical applications – and better vision.
The following is a small summary of the many excellent features of the VISX Star S4 IR:
- Wavefront Guided Treatments: AMO-VISX laser systems have the widest approval by the FDA for Wavefront guided treatments. Wavefront guided treatments are proven to provide superior vision and decreased night glare
- Seven Beam Scanning: The STAR S4 IR uses an array of seven beams to create up to a 10 millimeter-wide ablation area. The seven beams polish the surface of the cornea, resulting in the smoothest treated surfaces available.
- Dependability and Performance: The AMO-VISX STAR platform’s heritage of dependability and performance is well recognized in the industry.
- Variable Spot Beam Technology: Variable-shaped beams ranging in size up to 10 millimeters are scanned and offset to allow personalized refractive treatments. Exclusive Smart Beam technology adjusts beam size according to treatment, minimizing corneal tissue removal.
- ActiveTrak 3-D Active Eye Tracking: The only laser system that can capture all three dimensions of intra-operative eye movements without the requirement of pupillary dilation
- Larger Ablation Zones: VSS (Variable Spot Scanning) technology adds a blend zone that increases the ablation zone and increases the overall diameter of the ablation up to 10 millimeters.
- Iris Registration: IR realigns the treatment profile during surgery to correspond to even minute changes in each patient’s eye rotation or pupil shifts
- Smoothest Ablations: AMO-VISX laser systems produce some of the smoothest surface on the cornea after the procedure. Smoother ablations, as they’re known, promote faster healing, less dry eye and result in better vision.
- Exclusively used for Astronauts and Military Pilots: AMO-VISX laser systems are the only excimer laser systems used by the US military and NASA for their pilots, astronauts and scientists.
- Optimized Night Vision: AMO-VISX laser systems achieve an optical zone that may result in reduced problems with night vision
- Optimized Procedure Speed: AMO-VISX laser systems require a shorter procedure time compared to other broad beam lasers. Rapid treatments enhance patient comfort and may reduce the risk of postoperative complications.
- Corporate Focus on Advanced Design: AMO-VISX has an exclusive focus on laser vision correction technology, combined with a history of excellence in design
The AMO-VISX Star S4 IR with wavefront guidance, iris registration, variable spot scanning, variable repetition rate, 3 D tracking and large ablation zones delivers unparalleled quality in surgical outcomes.